OpRa – Public transport Operating raw data and statistics Exchange (PWI 00278429) is a CEN initiative with main focus on the identification of Public Transport raw data to be exchanged, gathered and stored in order to support Study and Control of Pubic Transport Service.
The identification of Raw Data can support the development of software applications, their interaction or combination in an integrated information system, and the system‘s organisation and information management to enable the calculation of indicators for Public Transport.
OpRa can be used as reference, in identification of best indicators and Raw Data needed to monitor and Control several aspects of Public Transport Service like Srategic Planning Tactical Planning, Before Travel and In Travel.
Main areas covered by OpRa are:
1. Service Offer: gathers all the themes and Use Cases relevant to the Offer of Transport for PT Service (e.g. Spatial and time coverage, offered seats, etc.).
2. Service Demand: gathers all the themes and Use Cases relevant to the Demand of Transport for PT Service (O/D matrix, load factor, etc.).
3. Service Externality: gathers all the themes and Use Cases relevant to PT Service Externality, that imply cost or benefit that affects a external party who did not choose to incur that cost or benefit (pollution emissions, safety, etc.).
4. Service Economy: gathers all the themes and Use Cases relevant to the Economy of Transport for PT Service in terms of incoming funds (sold tickets, etc.) and expenses (costs, etc.). This category is further divided into following sub-categories
5. Serviec Efficiency: gathers all the themes and Use Cases relevant ot the Efficiency of Transport for PT Service (lines overlaps, MTBF, delays, etc.)
To get the documentation the users have to address their national standardisation organisations.
The web site http://www.opra-cen.eu/contact-us/ gives a lot of additional information.
Contacts are available to the Transmodel development team.
OpRa overall Data Dictionary, for Raw Data all together will be published in the Technical Report that represents informative information of the work done. In this version of the Data Dictionary not only concepts are defined, but detailed attribute tables give a short description of all attributes.
OpRa may prove of value to:
1. Public Transport Operator in charge to provide PT Service in accordance with a Public Authority contract. PA is nterest in having an efficient Service to reduce costs.
2. Public Authority at several levels (Central and delegated ones) in charge to create contracts and verify results of the PT Service respect contract Service Level Agreement (SLA).
3. System Integrators that provide hardware devices and software platforms and applications to facilitate the operations of PT Service.
4. PT Service passengers that represents the demand of transport to be satisfied in a sustainable way by Public administrations and stakeholders.
Currently OpRa – Public transport Operating raw data and statistics Exchange (PWI 00278429) is in a first stage of the work, mainly concentrated in Use Cases definition and Raw Data need for them.
OpRa documentation is distributed by national standardisation bodies which determine documentation price. A further use is free of charge.
The participation to the OpRA work is regulated according to CEN process, that requires national standardization body experts can join the working group. Currently experts from 8 member States are part of the group.
Main relation is with Transmodel EU norm (EN 12896:2006), that is the European reference data modelfor Public Transport. Particular reference are Part 4: Operations Monitoring and Control and Part 8: Management Information and Statistics (see http://www.transmodel-cen.eu/).
Further relation is with NeTEx a CEN Technical Standard for exchanging Public Transport Network, Schedules, Fares and related data. It is divided into three parts, each covering a functional subset of the CEN Transmodel (sse http://netex-cen.eu/) .